WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

VBS & Girlie Pics...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First of all, thank you for all you advise on my last post. There are a couple suggestions there that are very helpful, and I plan to try them out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

We had VBS last week at the church we've been going to since we got here to Maine. VBS is a program that is dear to my heart so of course I volunteered right away. The girlies also love working with the kiddos so they signed right up too... This year in an effort to save some money we used a VBS curriculum from a couple years back used by a church about 30 minutes from here and they used one that this church used last year. It was a good idea on the surface, but presented some problems when it comes to props and supplies. I helped with the decor and opening and closing programs. Sparky helped lead songs and Cate helped with games... We all had a blast! Here are some pics Sparky took...

The "set"


Marilyn "The Leader" aka "Professor Power"


Me as "Professor Wilma"... afraid of my lost lab mouse...


Marilyn looking for my "lost mouse"


at this point several kids swear they have seen it...
I really miss childhood imagination...


Me as "Prof. Wilma"... I hope some of these kids will eventually stop calling me Wilma...


Cate... 2nd from left... out in the hot sun leading games...

I also have some pictures of Sparky, but they need to be downloaded... I'll post those soon...

Finally, here are some fun pictures of the girlies taken last Sunday... They were waiting for me to emerge from the house and messing around with the camera... when I came out they roped me into snapping a few... The Axeman was waiting in the car... We took about six before he lost patience...
I think they are fun...








I love these girlies...
 I am blessed everyday by them...
Sweet... Silly...
That's why I call them the "Girlies"
(PS. These pictures were not edited...  Sunday was that pretty!)

Thanks for listening,

2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous photos of your girls! And I love the photos of the VBS skits, brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the girls look lovely! I want to come shopping there for dresses for my daughter :) VBS wow, you should win an Oscar! looks like yall had fun and the kids too. blessing and hug, pam

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....