WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Sprucing Up The Camp...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

In Maine if you have a little cabin you go to you don't call it that you call it a "camp"... My parents have one on a little island off the coast called Islesboro...

(I told you guys about it last year... Chick HERE if you don't remember.)

It is for sale and it has been since last year, but even tough it got lots of hits it never got past people viewing it inside because like their home it was neglected and full of clutter. The four of us have spend a lot of time decluttering and cleaning... We have made a lot of progress hauling 22 contractor size trash bags of garbage and three truck loads of stuff for the Goodwill... We are ready to start staging in earnest, but I thought I'd show you the progress... Since I wasn't blogging when we started this project I didn't think to take "before" pictures, so you will have to imagine it with 22 (yes 22!) additional pieces of furniture...

Here is the "porch" where you enter...

It was always a quiet place to grab a nap or read...
But that sofa-bed is a torture device strait out of the middle-ages!

Here is the kitchen...
The door to the left goes to the porch...
(I picked up this little bistro set on clearance at Lowe's for $79.00...
Isn't it cute?)

There are no cabinets in the kitchen so they have this hutch...

Doesn't it just scream out for a coat of white paint (or 10 coats??)
I am planning to do this soon and when the camp sells I have the perfect spot for it here at home!

Here is the view down the hall...
To the left is the living room, strait ahead is the bedroom and to the right is the bathroom...
Let's look at the living room next...

(I've moved the microwave back to the kitchen... We were still cleaning when I took this shot.)

I just found a cute new area rug for this room at HomeGoods... I can't wait to see it in this room!
The wood stove surround is next on Paul's to do list...
He has spent the last two trips rebuilding the exterior steps so I guess I can't complain too much.
Here is the daybed where the girlies sleep... I had to throw away the pillow that were on it and am currently making new ones...

Here is the bedroom...


This room needs a lot of work still... There has been little other then decluttering/cleaning go on in here.
I would love to paint the entire interior of the whole camp white to give it a beach feel, but there is only so much time we can spend over there...

I'll take pictures as we finish projects... It isn't such a bad deal, sure we have a lot of work to do, but it is on my favorite island in the world... It is too nice over there for words to describe.



Thanks for listening,

5 comments :

  1. Wow that place has AWESOME potential! You should send it in to Layla at the Lettered Cottage so she can do a little "Pick My Presto" for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole time I was reading and looking at the pics, I kept thinking to myself, "man that would look AWESOME with a clean coat of white paint!" You should do it, I'm sure it would make it look so much brighter and bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! Sigh. Love cottages and the whole nine yards--there's this place off the Georgia coast called Tybee Island. I want to stay at the Mermaid Cottages--SO fun.

    I can't wait to see what you do--and I agree--go visit the Lettered Cottage. Love her, too!

    ps-have you ever read Mary Kay Andrews' books? Totally beachy/cottagey type books. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a little cabin in the woods...looks like a great little hideaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Looks like a cozy little place.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....