WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Oy with the Poodles Already...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

10,000 meaningless points if you know what my title references... (It probably means you also waste too much time... )

I have been crazy busy this week getting a huge fundraising yard sale organized for this Saturday but the are a couple things I wanted to tell you guys about...

First of all I signed up with my newest bloggy friend, Sheri from Shades of Pink to do a daily Bible Study. Drop on over there if you are interested... She is looking for more, so maybe some of you... My closest bloggy friends would be interested. I personally need more daily accountability and have been feeling convicted to seek it out... Then along came Sheri and her sweet blog... Y'all should drop over, you'll love her!

Today I was blown away by the wisdom and courage of a teenager... This shady looking character right here...

He is a friend of the girlies and has been hanging out here off and on all summer. We really like this kid, but today I was blown away by him. He is 17 and starting his senior year soon and he is a football player... A really good football player... One of the best on his team... Or he was, until today, you see he felt the LORD telling him to quit football. It had become an idol in his life and he had been praying the LORD would reveal any idols he'd raised in his life so he could tear them down... Well, when you ask the LORD something so specific you may get answers you don't like... He not only felt strongly he had to give up football but he also felt the LORD was telling him to tell his coaches why he was giving it up...
So at practice today he did just that... It was mid-way through practice before he could get his coach alone for a minute... He didn't take it well, but after some talking his coach told him he'd respect his decision IF he would stand up before the whole team and tell them... And that is what he did... A few understood, most were not happy with his decision, but he said he has never felt more at peace with a decision... He feels "free of a bondage"...

Wow... I think I want to be more like him when I grow up...

That's what's new around here... See y'all on the other side of our yard sale!

Thanks for listening,
 

4 comments :

  1. Don't have a clue what the poodle comment means, darn it! LOL

    Thanks for the sweet linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilmore Girls :o)

    What an amazing teen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad is it that I can in fact name the episode of Gilmore Girls your reference comes from? Because I can. I watched it last night. (Season 2, Episode 22, I Can't Get Started) I don't know how to do Algebra because my head is full of useless knowledge like that.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....