WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Stinkin' Thinkin'...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

As I work on my "100" list I keep finding things that I want to tell you right away... I am up to 84, so I imagine I will finish my list soon...

When I was a new believer, a Bible Study I went to focused on our "Stinkin Thinkin"... There are whole series of books about the lies we believe... I did a study reading one of these books just a few years back... And yet my "stinkin thinkin" continues... Here is a doozy I just realised I have truly believed for years...

I was told years ago by an older woman, whom I really admire that my being fat is a sin and until I got that sin under control I’d never experience the fullness of the LORD’s blessings in my life… I have secretly blamed everything that goes wrong in my life or with my family on this… On myself…

Is there truth in this? I don't know, but I don't think so... I also know I am ready to let this "stinkin thinkin" go... I am giving it to the LORD today...

Is there "stinkin thinkin" you are struggling with today?

Thanks for listening,
 

6 comments :

  1. We all have some "stinkin thinkin" too much. I worry too much! That lady was mean....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with my weight too :(

    While I know that the Lord calls me to be self-controlled, I think that woman was WRONG! What, we have to EARN God's love? (By being skinny???) That's not how salvation works. That's not grace. That's not mercy.

    1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Rebecca D! And you are totally beautiful in my eyes and the Lord's.

    I too have a lot of issues with "stinkn thinkin" and I need to get it under control... NO, I need to give it over to God.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear one! What an adorable blog you have! :) I loved reading this post and it definitely is a fantastic reminder of what should take priority in our thought life. I was reading Philippians 4:8. The amplified version is beautiful. "For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]." I can't wait to study 1 John with you and get to know you better.
    ps. hilarious Barney story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Hi Rebecca. I'm from the same GMG group as you. when I was a kid a nun told me I wasn't a child of God because my parents didn't baptize me. I felt pity for her and said nothing. my parents gave me the freedom of choice. that's how I see it. my God have Inconditional Love to all beings, baptism doesn't make us better a person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all have areas of 'stinkin thinkin'. I like that phrase, it's one I'll remember when my mind creeps in that direction.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....