1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?
At the beginning of the summer we hosted a youth group night at our house (just on a whim) and absolutely fell in love with these amazing kids... We had so much fun and such a connection they immediately started campaigning us to become the new youth leaders. (Something we'd never felt qualified to do.) We told them that night that they were welcome here anytime, and starting that night we had teens here nearly every night all summer... It would be easier to count the number of times we didn't have extra kiddos here. After MUCH prayer and meeting with the pastor and church leadership we came to see that the LORD was calling us to this, even if only for this season of our lives... This summer completely changed our lives and the direction of them. Yea!!!!
2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?
Hands down the cashew... Love 'em!
3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?
Like Joyce, I tend to have trouble walking... Uneven surfaces outside tend to get me... I try not to fall, since it hurts waaaaaaay more now then it did as a kid, but I usually fall at least a few times a year.
4. How would you describe your sense of humor?
I think I have a good sense of humor... I love to laugh and make others laugh... I tend to be a
5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?
How do you keep a curious person in suspense?
6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.
I tend to fall over so roller skates are no longer my friend... I am plus-sized so unless it is the larger hula-hoop I fear it would be a hula-belt... But since I injured my ankle about 14 years ago, I am the aforementioned "plus-sized" and gravity is no longer my friend, jumping rope is virtually impossible... So since Joyce says I HAVE to choose, and this her her game... I'll go with the hula-hoop...
7. What's your most sentimental possession?
Hands down, my scrapbooks...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Remember way at the end of that too long post yesterday I showed you my start of fall decorating? (If not you can catch up here) Well, I added the mirror last night... Actually Sparky and her boyfriend helped me get it way up there and put a hook on the wall to keep it from sliding and wiping out everything in front of it...
Thanks for listening,