WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Bathroom Blessings, Headaches & A Dress...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quite the title... Huh? I know you guys are wondering and cringing about the "Bathroom Blessings" part... Let me share... You see, I've rarely gone to the bathroom alone in almost 20 years. At least once a day one of the girls either follow me into the bathroom or I hear a little knock on the door while I'm in there. When they were little it was because they actually needed the potty or because they just wanted to be with me... I admit it used to annoy me, but as they have grown up these stolen moments of alone time in our busy lives have become something I've grown to treasure. And I do treasure these moments far above the lack of privacy. It was in the bathroom I first got a hint that Cate might be having issues at school and it was in that same room I first grew to suspect that her and Jackson were becoming serious. I was flipping through a magazine in the lav when I first found out that Sparky boyfriend was talking to Paul about moving to courting from dating. (Dating= getting to know each other... Courting= dating towards the goal of eventual marriage.) Perhaps it has to do with the intimate nature of the room, but I have to admit I do not look forward to the day I find myself all alone in the loo...

As for the headaches part... I get migraine headaches. I don't get them all the time but when I do get them I seem to get them for several days in a row and they are incapacitating. I have had one four out of the last six mornings. Most days if I take the medicine soon enough, by noon or 1:00 I am able to function... That is half the day lost! I am currently falling behind in all of my housework and just about everything else... I do hope this cluster of headaches is almost over!!

Now the big new... Cate has a dress!! Oh, excuse me... A Gown... Can I get a woot-woot?? I didn't ask her yet if I can reveal it on here, but I imagine the big reveal will be soon! We have a wedding party, location, photographer, menu planned, decor chosen and the dress... I really think we are getting there!

Thanks for listening,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friends don't let friends go without comments....