1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
I always wanted to see Harrods as a child due to some movie I watched with my mother, and even though I don't remember the movie I remember the desire! But speaking about movies... I love cheesy rom-coms so I'd probably want to see Notting Hill too.
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
This catering job Allison and I have for the weekend... We have hired one person to help, but may need more... Nothing like preparing to make lunch for several hundred people, two days in a row to make you feel like going back to bed...
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
Anything Paul does on the grill... If he is unwilling I too go with chicken salad... Lobster is good too, and the place I buy it will steam them for you if you call ahead... Boil up a couple ears of corn on the burner on the grill (no way I am boiling anything inside the house) and you have yourself the perfect Maine summer dinner!
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'?
Thankfully I haven't been in awhile, but Allison and I did "exchange words" last night... We are probably both just a little overwhelmed by our first BIG catering job , but her attitude was rotten, and we "discussed" it at slightly elevated volume last night... Then we sat down and talked, and everything is fine now.
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
The one for a ladies razor with a "personal" trimmer on the end... The women in it are walking along and pass behind an untrimmed bush and it transforms into the shape she chose to trim her personal area into! YUCK!!!
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
I was born in 1972...Here is what I found online:
1972 This year is marked as a black year in history due to the use of terrorism entering sport with the massacre of 11 Israel Athletes by Arab Gunman. Also this is the beginning of the biggest political scandal in modern times and the start of the Watergate Scandal. On the other side of the Atlantic a worsening of the problems between the IRA and the British government see wrongs from both sides and innocent lives are lost.
Wow... What a year...
7. What's the best part of your average day?
It's a toss up between my morning coffee and quiet time and that time late at night when everyone else is asleep or in their rooms and I have a few minutes of quiet time!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We finally made time to meet with the photographer from Katy & Jed's wedding... So I will probably be boring you with more pictures of her wedding very soon...
I have also been working on a post about why I blog... Kind of a bloggy mission statement... I hope to have that done soon... If feels kinda cathartic working on it.
Thanks for listening,