WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Meatball Soup... Fake It...

Sunday, February 16, 2014


Want a super easy soup recipe for a cold day? 
Want to literally spend moments in the kitchen?
Want to remember I am NOT a food blogger...

Any how... Here is my very own fake it recipe for Meatball Soup...


Grab a bag of  these at the store...


For a pot the size of the one I did I put in about 2/3 of the bag or about 40 meatballs...

Next dump in two boxes of low sodium chicken broth...


Two bags of this cheater short cut... 
(BTW, I am totally addicted to these recipe ready frozen veggies... I may never dice another onion again!)  
Anyhow, bring all that to a boil then reduce to simmer adding salt, pepper and seasoning to taste. 

In a separate pot boil 1/2 a box of these cute little pastas until the are just shy of done...
(aka al dente)
In fact, I do this first the put them aside since the soup cooks up so quick.


Once everything is hot (in other words, the frozen meatballs are no longer cold in the center) I stir in the pasta then I heap an entire container of either baby spinach or baby kale on top of the hot pot and just stir it in until it is slightly wilted.


Then take it off the heat and serve..
Yes, it's THAT easy! 

And here it is done again... It also reheats well too! 


I have been cooking soup all winter and playing around with it, but came up with this one when I was sick back in January and didn't feel like doing any prep at all... I had all these ingredients on hand and threw it together and everyone loved it... My family has asked me to make it twice since! 
Of course you can do it the long, all done by hand way if that's how you roll! 

Check back Monday afternoon for a little surprise!


Thanks for listening,

3 comments :

  1. This is MY KINDDA cooking!!! easy, yummy, and the spinach, of course, immediately makes it nutritious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would've thought to add the spinach like that! Great short-cut cooking :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good!!! -Allison P.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....