WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

The Busy Minimalist....

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but I don't know how else to put it...
 as we re-do our bedroom P and I are at odds once again as to how to decorate....

He kinda has a "If you are happy, I'll be happy" philosophy, but I want him to like his environment.

The thing is our tastes are completely divergent...

Here is what I like....

Pottery Barn

I know...I can hear you now...
no, I don't want separate beds...
it's an inspiration photo, not the exact room I want...
I really love that room though... that little red chest kills me it's so cute!

Here is more of what I like:

Pottery Barn


Real Simple


Garnet Hill


Real Simple



Pottery Barn

You get the idea...

Now here is what P likes...

Are you ready for it?

Well, here goes....


West Elm

See any difference?
 This room is in a catalog we got last week and he actually showed it to me and said...
"What about this room...minus all the clutter?"

I wish I was joking here guys... if he thinks this room is "cluttered"
I have been torturing him for 18+ years!
That room is so empty... it's never gonna happen...
It is kinda pretty in a "my night stand is the floor kinda way...."

Poor guy... I guess we'll go with the "If she's happy, I'm happy" thing...

While I have you here remember this photo from last week:


Ignore the cute holiday pillows...

What do you think about the duvet cover?
It has a 50's vintage feel...
I got it about 10 years ago from LL Bean.
 We haven't used it much since I bought it to "stage" a guest room for a house we were selling,
 and it was the wrong size for our bed at the time.
 We went down to a queen size when we moved here...
 and I rediscovered it in a box of linens.
 I really like it, but is it worth being a jumping off point for the room?
I think I could do a lot with it, but...
 well, I want to hear what you think...

Gotta go now...

Time to shine the sink.....
(don't ask...)





1 comment :

  1. Definitely a difference in tastes. I can't believe you can't find a middle point where you will both be comfortable.

    Thanks for stopping by today on my SITS day!

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....