WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Today....

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First off I wanted to let you know that I did get some tidying and organizing done today. I will share the photos with you soon. I did get Christmas dealt with once and for all and a "problem spot" in my bedroom is now much, much better... I  planned to post a blog about the shape the girlies left the kitchen in last night after they "helped" cook dinner last night... I have taken quite a few photos in the past few weeks and now that I am once again in possession of my camera cord, I have several posts floating around in my head anxious to burst forth.....
You see the problem is, as I sit here writing, all I can think about is Haiti. My heart is heavy for the people there tonight. I have prayed, and then prayed some more, but I feel so small and helpless. I always do in situations like this, but this time feels a little worse. Maybe because Haiti is so close to us here in the US. Maybe because even though I have known for some time how impoverished that island is, I have done little in my pampered existence to help. Maybe because we have friends who have gone here repeatedly as missionaries, so we have a weak connection, but a connection all the same. Today as I was going through "stuff" and filling boxes of more stuff to drop off at Goodwill, stuff I have bought or have been given that I have no earthly need for. I am once again aware of the pampered lives we live here in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the USA, I love living here, I am just seeing my life here from a different perspective today. Seeing the images today on the news of people in Haiti, mothers weeping in the street, frantically calling for missing children... I don't know... I am rambling, I know... My heart is heavy and the only power I have to help is on my knees, so that's where you will find me tonight. Pray with me friends....
Sorry for this rambling blog... I will be back tomorrow with some more of my light hearted musings.
Love you guys...
-Rebecca

PS: If you want to help...with money that is... here are some good ways:

 You can text “disaster” to 90999 to give $10 to Compassion’s disaster relief program. They will be working directly with the local churches who know where these families live and will provide immediate relief to them. http://www.compassion.com/ 


If you’d prefer to give to the Red Cross, you can text “Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10 or go directly to the Red Cross website to make a donation. http://www.redcross.org/

Another option is to donate through Samaritan’s Purse. http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

I almost forgot Doctors Without Borders. http://doctorswithoutborders.org/

The needs are so massive right now and every little bit helps.

“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40

1 comment :

  1. been praying for them all week as well and especially today after the other one hit 6.1 so very sad. alot is going on right now and my heart seems heavy too. getting on our knees is the answer. plz pray for our pastor and his family right now. love you sis, pam

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....