WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

"Name My Family"...Contest & Giveaway... Winners

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am hoping to get this posted before midnight, but I must confess I am totally wrapped up in the Olympic opening ceremony. It is hard to type, when I am watching TV so intently... (sorry)

The entries are in... and finally my sweet, long suffering family have new "bloggy" names...

P will now be known as (drum roll...) : Axeman 
                      Winner #1... Silver Thistle

KK will now be known as (drum roll) : Curly (as in Curly hair... not Mo & Larry)
                     Winner #2.... Jenn from "Paul + Jenn The Adventure"

Al will now be known as (drum roll) : Sparkle
                     Winner #3.... Sarah

Random Draw Winner #4....SunnyKim from LivingOutLove - Take 2

Bonus Drawing (since I love y'all) Winner #5.... Rosie from Mi Casita Mi Escuelita


Finally, here are the finished key fob/camera strap you will win: (sorry about the photo quality...)

Here are close-up of your choices:

Brown Floral



Pink Dots



Red Floral


Pink & Lime Floral


Notice the above one has the key ring... they will all have one... they just missed their photo op...
These also make cute camera wrist straps...

I have these little "camera thingy ma bobs" so if you prefer this to the key ring let me know...

Side note... Curly's camera had to act as a stand in for mine... it took me a minute to figure out I can't take a photo of my camera... with my camera...

Anyhoo...
if you are a winner please email me contact me at highmaintenanceaspirations@yahoo.com
I need your name and mailing address...
Also please let me know your top two color choices...

Please keep in mind when you receive your "prize" that I made these myself... I'm an armature crafter at best... they are cute if you don't look too close at the craftsmanship...


Thanks for playing...



DIY Day @ ASPTL

5 comments :

  1. Wow! Seriously?! Thanks so much :D
    That's a first!

    I'll share a little secret.....I didn't even realise there were prizes, heheh....
    I know, I'm not too observant, obviously. By the time I got to thinking about names, I'd frogotten it was a prize contest and just thought it was a call for suggestions. So this is a double 'yay'! I got my suggestion picked and I got a prize! A toofer as we say round here, lol.
    Well done to the other ladies too!!!

    I'm excited, I LOVE handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. thank you.. I love you too! I think the key straps are way cute. So glad KK's new name is after her curls and not the three stooges, though I have had many laughs watching my dad watch that show.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Awesome! That's so cool! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners! I Love the new names! Ok, are we going to come up with a name for you? haha Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i already emailed you...twice...but i wanted to say it here, too:

    woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....