WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Oh, How I Love Valentines Day...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I know I should be focusing on fun Super Bowl themes, but right now I am all consumed with Valentine's Day...

One my list of favorite holidays it is near the top. My husband said it is probably because it's a chance for me to decorate my world in red... My favorite color... There may be some truth in this, but it doesn't matter, the why that is... I just really love it.

As a homeschooler I have always been acutely aware of what my girlies were missing out on, and Valentine's Day Parties at school were always a favorite of mine. I have used my fond memories to inspire large scale Valentine's Parties for homeschooled kiddos ever since 2002. We were living in Maine and a couple friends and I got together and went all out. It was so fun...and I have been spearheading one every year, where ever we've lived ever since then... until this year...

This year the girlies are in 10th and 12th grade... they have no interest in helping to pull off an elementary school valentine's Day party...(They did offer to throw one for their friends...at my expense...but really they both have Birthdays coming up...their dad put the big "NO" on any such plans...)  They do have a lot of school work these days and want to spend their spare time "hanging" with friends... And realistically, I just can't justify the time involved... because KK's 18th Birthday and Graduation are this spring and AL has a birthday smack in the middle of the two....

But I miss it... the little bags of cheap little cards... the paper heart doilies... the games...
So this year my love of all thing...well love are being focused on my family... poor souls.. Little crafts and displays are popping up all over the place... So today I thought I'd share some more of the things I keep finding out there that are inspiring me... And later on this week I'll start sharing what I've done with these inspirations...


How cute is this little guy I found on ETSY:



A Valentine's Day Garland:



A Cute Card Wreath:



A Sweet Pin:


A sweet handmade gift:


A Cute Card:


Cute Tissue Paper Pom Pom Flowers:


Are you inspired yet?
I sure am...

I also wanted to let you know that I've signed up to participate in my first "swap"...
What is a "swap" you ask... well this one is a craft swap hosted by Just Add Glitter and Stir and inspired by the new Alice in Wonderland movie. As soon as I heard about it, ideas started bubbling up... so I signed right up. I make a gift box of four or more items I've made based on the theme and send it to the person whose name is drawn for me... and in return I receive a box of fun goodies back... I am so excited, and am starting my projects this weekend, but won't be able to tell you what I'm making until after the swap... you see, I want whoever I get matched with to be surprised... I'll take lots of pictures and will share everything I get and everything I sent after the swap... here is the link... the swap is still open for one more day...



 
Thanks for listening,

2 comments :

  1. Hi Rebecca, I remember as a young girl, I would make beautiful flowers out of colored tissues... now it seems like everything is White, but it was fun to fold themlike fans, and then gently pull them apart and put them on a pencil or something. I used to love Valentine's Day. These are some great ideas. the owl is Adorable! love and hugs, your friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT projects!! Thanks for the shout out to mine!!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....