WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Counting Blessings...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I am so busy this week my family is calling me the flash... not really... cause that would be crazy...  but it feels that way. I did get a few minutes to hang with the Homeschool Teen Group down at the Riverwalk today... It was a beautiful sunny day, the perfect day to hang with the teens they reminded me why I do all this. These are truly a great group of kids. I got home and popped over to Chelle's blog and she was talking about all the things in her life that makes her feel lucky... it got me to thinking... sometimes I get on  this hamster wheel of "business" I need to take a moment to count my blessings....

Today I feel blessed because...

I have relative good health... I have a chronic illness that pops up from time to time... I don't really talk about it a lot on here since I refuse to allow illness to have a toe hold in my life, but the fact is... I am truly blessed each day I can get out of bed.

I have an amazing husband... The Axeman as he's known around here is the most supportive, patient, long suffering, man alive. I am always busy... I do it to myself... I like to have a full life and he puts up with all my schemes and plans... How many husbands would go along with their wife when they announce they want to throw a prom and invite every homeschooled teenager in the city? He not only goes along with it, he helps and even appreciates it... Last night when we were getting ready for bed and I was going over our schedule for the next few days, he said "Have I told you lately how lucky our girls are to have you? I don't know anyone else crazy enough to go to such lengths to make their kids happy..." Thank you Axeman... I think...

I do have the best kids in the world... I know that is quite the claim, and I am sure several of you may even think yours are the best... you'd be wrong...lol

My family... We are a mixed bag of nuts, that for sure... We are not traditional, by any stretch of the imagination, made up of people who have titles like "step"... I don't understand why we work, but we do...

My church family... They are the most loving group of people and are a true community. We are blessed to be part of this Christ filled congregation... (Plus... did I mention once a month we have "Doughnut Sunday?...)

My blog and you, my bloggy friends... I know a lot of people but I don't really have a lot of friends... I feel blessed to have this little spot to say what I want to and sometimes need to say... And I am blessed to have this little community that has formed... it is an amazing thing... I feel like on here y'all are my BFFs... I didn't know when I started this that how much you guys would grow to mean to me... I love you guys more then jellybeans... more then diet coke... more the coffee... more then doughnuts and I love me some doughnuts!

I am blessed to be able to homeschool my girlies... There was a time not so long ago when homeschooling was a fringe thing... it was looked down on... Now people get it, there are tons of resources and even colleges see the value and seek out homeschooled kids...

I get to hang out with the Homeschool Teens... they are truly the most amazing kids... even the weird ones... you know who you are! (Y'all keep me young...)

My bed... for being so darn comfy... you are calling my name... I hear your siren song... I'm coming...

Thanks for listening,

6 comments :

  1. Loved all your blessings! Good call on your bed. . . I think mine is calling me too. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all. It's amazing that once I take a step back to see how much I have to be grateful for truly outweighs the "I wish" list.

    xoxo & hope you got a great nite's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly blessed and I'm glad I know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, rebecca :)

    oh, and we all have our police stories, but yours is a classic...i had to share it :) love ya,sista!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, fess up about the police classic siren story! haha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blessings. I think it is good that you took the time to think about all of the things you are thankful for! Joining you from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....