WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Five Favorites Friday... Counting my blessings...

Friday, September 10, 2010

The level of crazy dealing with my step dad and his alzheimer's this week has been extremely rough... I will spare you guys all the gory details, but suffice it to say I didn't have it in me to put into my weekly post like I usually do... So much for plans... What I really need right now is to count my blessings...
Here goes...

1. God
I know that sounds simple and even to some they may be clicking away, but without God and my personal salvation through Jesus Christ I don't know if I could keep going. My more selfish nature tells me to put my parent's in a nursing home and be done with the craziness, but the Lord has given us (both Paul and I) the peace the truly does pass our understanding when it comes to them (mostly my step dad though) and I feel his presence daily...
To name four other blessings right now is more then I have in me... Of course I am blessed to have my family, the beautiful location in which to live, a church family both past and present to lean on... ect... ect... but right now my #1 is all that is getting me through...

(So I guess it's now "One Favorite Friday"... Sorry)

Here are a couple songs that have helped anchor me this week...
I hope you take time to listen to them and feel blessed...
and


I'll be back next week with the whole "Five" and a "linky" party and all that jazz...
 This is where I am today... Keeping it real for ya folks....

Thanks for listening,

2 comments :

  1. Amazing Love is one of my absolute favorites. I know sometimes we post songs and videos and we wonder if anyone looks or listens. I wanted you to know I clicked on the video and turned my speakers way up. I needed to hear it today too so thanks for posting. Hoping you have a weekend filled with peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His mercies are new each day. May he grant you every grace necessary to see this trial through for His glory. Thanks for sharing your best and highest thanksgiving praise with us today.

    ReplyDelete