WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Girlies & Such...

Friday, September 17, 2010

First of all Cate had news she wanted me to share... She got not one but two part time jobs this week... and... she will be chaperoning a high school mission trip in October... and... Both her new jobs are ok with that and are totally willing to work around her schedule... Woo Hoo!! She will be a cashier in a local grocery store and working part time at my cousin's bakery... She is so excited she is literally bursting... It is good to see the joy in her again... I missed her... The happy her.

In other news Sparky has her first homecoming dance this weekend... She is thrilled and excited. She is going with a whole group of kids so that takes the pressure off "pairing up." It's a semi-formal which we thought would be a piece of cake... Her dress from this spring is a semi-formal...
Remember this one?

The problem with this dress is...
Sparky has lost weight and it is way to loose to be decent let alone dance in...

Loose, strapless dress + dancing = her daddy going to jail for homicide...

I guess a whole summer of hiking, biking and lots of walking around town with friends has been good for her... Not to mention three weeks of walking around a three story high school with a heavy pack... Girlie is toned!
I'd take it in... but... she just tried it on an hour ago... and... the dance is tomorrow... and... my sewing machine is lost in a sea of boxes...

She does have another dress that fits her...

This one...
Her Christmas dress from when she was 12!

 (Don't y'all love that picture... Star poking outta her head and cat butt... Ohhhh, I'm quite sure this one would win first place in a "poor composition" contest...)

Here's the problem with this... She was only 5'4" when she was 12... She is a little over 5'10" now... Yep folks, that there dress is a lot less "cute" when it's six inches shorter! She is thrilled to fit into such a small size, but unless I sewed a 4" ruffle on this it's not leaving the house on my 15 year old! (I can't do that even if that were a real suggestion... remember, lost sewing machine...)
*Oh and I broke the zipper trying it on her one last time just now... Yep, since I started typing this!

Our solution... Tomorrow her grandma and I are going to run to the two local stores that carry semi-formal dresses, buy 2-4 dresses... Whatever they have in her new size that is cute... Bring them home and hope for the best, return the rest... Lookie... stress makes me a poet!... Isn't that special?

Hopefully you guys will forgive me if I don't do my Five Favorite Friday tomorrow... I will take pictures of her and post as soon as possible... I may even post my five favorite dresses I find shopping tomorrow, but not until after she is off to her dance...

Wish me luck...

Thanks for listening,

5 comments :

  1. Oh Rebecca this sounds so exciting for Sparky! I cant wait to hear about the dance. It's nice to lose some weight, wish I would! I am thrilled to hear about Cate and her two great jobs and especially about her joy and lovely smile returning! love yall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! You remind me of how glad I am that mine are grown and flown. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Oh, tell Cate: "Yippy, Yay, Congratulations!" Wait, on second thought... tell it to her new employers for having the tremendous good fortune of getting such a great employee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lots of fun stuff happening for your daughters!! Can't wait to see the dresses! I have to go dress shopping this weekend too for my cousin's wedding. Too bad I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I can't seem to fit into anything nice these days, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! for Cate and Sparky! It was always a pleasure to see a smile on your girls in church. And it's a pleasure to know such wonderful things are happening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for you and family, friend! can't wait to see the dance pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....