WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Useless "Rebecca" Trivia...
1. I was born in Germany (dad in military) but left at 18 mos. old and have not been back... I have both a German and American birth cert.
2. As I child my mother picked the nick name Becky for me but I HATED it for as long as I can remember and switched to being called Rebecca as soon as I could pull it off! (Becky just never suited me...)
3. Paul and I got engaged after knowing each other only a week... We eloped... I was 18, he was 24... I have been married over 22 years to him!
4. We have lived in six different states, Tennessee, California, New Jersey, Montana, Maine & Vermont... Maine & Tennessee twice!
5. I was Saved (Born Again) at 18 and my life has never been the same... I was a crazy, party girl and over night my heart was changed. I shudder to think what my life would be like without the Lord in it!
6. I developed a shellfish allergy by eating too much of it over my 40th birthday week... In the year since it developed it has only gotten worse and I can't even touch it! (I live in Maine... So Unfair!)
7. I am happiest when I am busy, but I frequently allow myself to become too busy and get overwhelmed and want to just hide at home in my jammies!
8. My favorite thing to do besides taking care of and loving on my family is throwing parties and entertaining.
9. My second favorite thing to do is give gifts... This could explain my all out crazy love of all things Christmas!
10. I have no fear of public speaking and even though I am extremely self conscience about how I look, as soon as I start speaking I forget all of that.
11. People either find me hilarious or not funny at all... There is little in between and I frequently become friends with the former and am very cautious of everything I say around the latter because as soon as I let my guard down around them is when I get misunderstood and in trouble.
12. Even though I am creative, I am not at all artistic and have a difficult time understanding artistic people... In fact I tend to be an extreme realist, and this complicates things... On the same thought, when people beat around the bush and don't just come to the point is my BIGGEST pet peeve.
13. I started getting headaches from squinting on sunny days as a teen and as a result I am RARELY without sunglasses... Even at night or on cloudy days... They are ALWAYS on my head just in case I might need them. It has kinda become my signature look and even my girlies have given up trying to get me to leave them at home.
14. At 24 I got EXTREMELY sick and almost died from a severe lung disease. As a result I was in bed for a year and on the heart/lung transplant list, but miraculously I got better... So much healthier in fact I got dropped from the list. There is no medical explanation for me to be alive, let alone healthy. Although I do have some long term side effects I have very little trace of it.
15. I am extremely loyal and once my friend, always my friend... I have friends all over the country that every time we talk it's as if no time has passed and who I would do almost anything for... I am extremely stymied by disloyal people and don't know how to deal with them and am always blindsided by them.
I promise my next post will be about what I'm up to now...
Thanks for listening,