WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Maybe Everything Is Bigger...

Saturday, January 25, 2014

 So, as I told you yesterday, my "Mary & Martha" business has really started to take off... I tried other direct sales companies in the past but in the end either ended up spending more then I made or never really going anywhere with it... You see to advance and make any real money you need a team and I kinda sorta stink at asking people to be on me team... I still do but the Lord has brought several people to me. People who have already made up their minds to join. 

So thankfully the Lord is in control or I would have just bought my dishes and faded into the woodwork, but he had other plans and sure enough I found myself promoting and a "Team Leader" within my first 60 days... I love my team and most of us meet around my kitchen table once a month and celebrate each other's triumphs and work through struggles with each other. They also helped me earn a trip to San Antonio, Texas! I just got back from there this past Sunday...


I flew into San Antonio on Thursday, Jan. 16 and met up with a hand full of other leaders to be whisked away to the lovely Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa... 

This is the most of what I saw of Texas. It was a working trip so I mostly saw the inside of the hotel...


We had a lovely room and I got to room with a super nice leader from Nebraska who I became fast friends with! I really lucked out roommate wise... She really got me and we were very comfortable with each other. I had nightmares of ending up with a really soft spoken shy person who I would totally overwhelm but alas I should have known that was unlikely in this line of work! 

(*Beware... From this point on most of the pictures were taken with my cell phone!) 

We spent the majority of our time in a ballroom working...


Here are all the new leaders on stage in said ballroom the first night...
(That's me on the left in purple & gray)


It isn't a huge company... Here's who is left... More then 60% of the leaders are new this year! I love being part of not only a faith based company but one with so much room to move up! 

There was of course new product revealed...





And the unveiling of the new Guide...
We spent a great deal of time going over our business... Where we are in the marketplace... What happened in the past to get us where we are and how we will proceed from here... We each made business plans with our corporate mentors and got to drink in the knowledge of those who have walked the path before us...


The company also paid for us to spend an afternoon at the spa and that was very nice of them. It was the most beautiful spa I have ever been to but I personally would have rather gone on a sightseeing tour of San Antonio but that was probably just me...

We did get to leave once to go to the lovely "Biga on the Banks" on the San Antonio Riverwalk... 

We dressed up for this evening... Here is my up-line "Team" 

The lighting was terrible! 

But our food was splendid...


The appetizer was shrimp but since I am allergic to shellfish they brought me this...


It was amazing even though I really am not sure what it was! 

Here is the salad...

entree...


The only Texas beef I had and it was splendid!


and dessert... Oh yeah!! 

Here are my lovely dinner companions...

My sweet (and crazy in a good way) roommate Linda 
(with me apparently actually saying cheese as the photo was taken!) 


This is Linda with Ruth... Possibly the nicest person I have ever met! 
(And that is saying something since EVERYONE was great!) 


The rest of the table was my amazing team! 


They had awards... Here is the president of DaySpring (who spent the whole time with us) saying a few words...

After dinner we had the option to visit for awhile or go out and see the Riverwalk... Since this was my ONLY chance to see any of San Antonio I quickly gathered a few hearty ladies and went for it. It was about 10 PM on a Saturday night... The only thing open were the bars and there was a (tiny to me) chill in the air, but we had 45 minutes so we went for it! 

It was dark so we couldn't see much...


Here is the lovely Deneen who is on the same team I am and Amy (in the back) who is my corporate mentor posing on our quick excursion as most of the ladies were in heels and remained at the restaurant.


Here I talked Deneen into posing as if she was stealing a river boat... Because, why not? 

I did have a wonderful time... It was 70 degrees most of the days we were there and that was nice and I learned a ton and met some amazing women who are truly living Proverbs 31. Even though it was rushed I'd go again in a heartbeat!! 


Thanks for listening,

1 comment :

  1. sounds like a lovely company ... so glad you found a niche'!! :)
    And I am jealous of your S/A trip!! We lived there from June to Dec of 1995 (wow, was it really THAT long ago!!!!). Great memories - would LOVE to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....