WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

I Only Have Myself To Blame...

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

And the weather...

So... I have company coming in from out of town tomorrow... I have been so crazy busy with stuff on the calendar every day... I wish that were an exaggeration but it is not. So what do I do? Do I just tidy up and prepare for a nice visit with some of our oldest and dearest friends? Oh no, I start about 10,000 new projects (slight exaggeration) that I can only possibly hope to get about half of them completed in time... 

Oh and if that is not enough, I plan a party for the 4th... Just a few burgers and hot dogs on the grill... Sure... Hahahaha... You know me by now, this party has custom printed invites and it's own pinterest board. It will be quite the shindig... If it happens!

Oh... And to add to my joy the weather forecast is for RAIN... Not little summer showers but 2 1/2 days of thunder storms... Followed by this...
They say his name will be Arthur and he is not invited!!! 

Our friends are the ones we stayed with in Montana when we went out there in May... They have been to Maine once years ago and it rained the whole time... 

Their son and Allison planned to go sky diving on Saturday and I am just going to go out on a limb and guess they don't do that in tropical storms! I have it all arraigned for the men folk to spend a day on a lobster boat owned by a friend of ours... I am guessing thunder & lightning will but a damper on that... 
The time I had set aside to wander around the little seaside down towns that are plentiful around here will be hard to do... Even a few days at our camp will seem like an endurance trip! Aghhh... 

I am headed to the Mary & Martha National Conference the day after they leave... there is no margin for error...  I picked the dates, they were totally flexible, so I only have myself to blame. How was I to know that the impossibly beautiful weather we have been having would end so abruptly? Oh and as I have one day left to work on these 10,000 projects it is of course the hottest day of the year so far with incredibly poor air quality so I am hiding inside wheezing! Yay me!

Well, I better go iron & hang the curtains in the room they will be staying in... 

Thanks for listening,

3 comments :

  1. Yikes. Here's the deal... they are coming to visit you and yours so I'm sure rain or shine, projects complete or not, a great time will be had by all. They will return West with memories of experiencing a real live tropical storm. I mean, not everyone can give guests that!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart ... isn't that just the way things go!!?!? However, I agree, they are coming to see YOU and it will be a great time despite what the weather does. How do they feel about playing Monopoly and Uno!!??!!! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll pull something out of your hat! Maybe the storm will be late or fizzle out before it gets to Maine. Remember it has lots of parades to rain on before it gets to you... maybe it'll burn out. ;) It's ALL about the company and people matter most. I'm sure your efforts week be evident despite the hiccups. Hope you have a blast!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....