WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

At a loss for words...

Monday, January 5, 2015

Ok, let's face it, I have never been at a loss for words, so let's revise that as "At a loss of a word" You see last year I chose a word to be my "word of the year" so to speak. I would pray and otherwise focus on one word as much as possible to see if a change would come from it. That word was "Joy" and it really, really, really worked. 




I managed to find joy in the mist of some huge trials and storms but beyond that I started to choose joy in many mundane day to day activities and I saw a huge change in my overall attitude. 



Not that I was this amazingly chipper Pollyanna all of a sudden, but I did feel a change happening in my heart. Some days I would say "Today I choose Joy" over and over and over until I found it but find it I usually did. 



Now it is 2015 and I do not have a word...

I have been looking for weeks... I tried "connect", "restore", "focus" and many others on for size but none fit... Do I need another year of "Joy"? I a pretty sure I can carry my joy forward without it being my word of the year. 

I love the idea of a "verse" for the year but I need to keep it simple and boil it down to one word although that word can come from a verse I will also focus on... Like Joy did... 1 Peter 1:6 NLT - "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while."



Do you have a word or thought you focus on each year? Do you have any suggestions of a word or words for me? I will pray over any suggestions you have to see if it fits. 

Thanks for listening,

4 comments :

  1. I haven't ever done that - maybe I should. This year I'm dealing with some health issues and wondering how much stress is playing into it. I think I would pick "rest" or "trust"! Isaiah 32:18 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word for the year is RELATIONSHIPS! It came from my reading of the Gospels, specially Matthew 22:36-40 about loving God and loving others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. been trying to comment on your recent posts ... but I can't get signed in. HOPE this one gets published?!?!
    ANyhoo...I started out this year with GRATITUDE but I think I'm changing it to acceptance. I hope to blog about why if I can do it without being too - I don't know - weird. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....