WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

I must get organized... now

Monday, January 11, 2010

I am a mess....
Not me per sea... but our home. I am completely disorganized and it is really starting to drive me crazy. I have taken some really fun pictures for you guys, fun ones that the stories hinge on you seeing them. I can't wait to post those stories, but the cord that links my camera to my computer is hiding from me... yes, I know it's not really "hiding" and I am positive I put it "someplace safe." The problem with that is I don't remember where. Clearly I need a designated space for everything, so I won't need "a safe spot." Part of the problem is that we live with my step-mom, who although she is an incredibly sweet, generous person, she is a very disorganized person. I say only part of the problem, as I need to shoulder my my share of the blame. I do all the housework and could easily designate a spot for things, I just haven't.  (Hence, the title of this post...)
Would it shock you to find out that all my Christmas decorations have taken over our dining room? (I really wish that shocked you more...) I have them loaded on the table, and the festive colored Christmas bins right next to it. I just need to find the time to get the stuff into the bins. (Please ignore the fact I sat around Sunday watching AX Men...remember I did have a belly ache.) Seriously though, I do my best cleaning and organizing work when I don't have interruptions, but when you home school you rarely have those moments. I just need to carve out some time.
What did I do today you ask? I got up, fixed coffee and breakfast. Woke the girlies, and got them going on their schoolwork, as I knew we had a busy day ahead. I read a chapter on biology, relearning gene sequencing for the third time. I made 8 phone calls...yes, eight, then hopped in the shower. (While KK stood in the bathroom straiting her beautiful wavy hair until you would never suspect it had a wave in it... and AL got dressed in her third outfit, because the other two looked like she was "trying too hard"...) We ran 4 errands, grabbing a quickie lunch from the Sonic value menu. We met up with the Homeschool Teen Group ( a group my good friend Cathy and I started about a year ago.) for an afternoon of bowling. Those of us moms who stayed got a good chance to visit and catch up while the teens bowled and laughed... a lot!
(The photo is actually one of AL from about a year ago, but I wanted to post something... remember the camera cord is hiding.)
From there I rushed home (at about 4:20), fixed dinner, (quiche and herb roasted potato wedges, in case you were wondering...) ate dinner, made three more phone calls then sat down to chat with you guys. Tomorrow will be even busier, but Wednesday - Friday are the days I have carved out for getting organized once and for all... or for now anyhow. I will be posting on this process for the rest of the week... if I find that cord ...maybe I will inspire you, or at least you can marvel at how you are in no way as disorganized as I am. Either way...I'm ok with it.


PS. Yesterday I showed you a photo of our Otis, so in the interest of fairness, here is a photo of our Sophie. She is not nearly a cuddly as Otis, but she is sweet in her own way. I don't know why I feel compelled to post photos of our pets, but I do, so bear with me....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friends don't let friends go without comments....