WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Panic ensues....

Thursday, January 28, 2010


The news is calling for 6" of  snow here in North Central Tennessee Friday. Please refer to my last post about what happened when we got 1 1/2 inches a few weeks back... (Click Here to relive the horror...)

We got that 1 1/2 and they closed the schools for THREE DAYS!
 This is what that "snow storm" looked like...


How did we ever survive?

Now with 6" in the forecast it is all anyone is talking about...

This is what I think 6" would look like....

Yep... we'll be stuck for days...

As someone who grew up in Maine and lived in Montana for almost 10 years,
I have a real hard time understanding this...

If you don't live here, you don't get it...
People are already panicking..
We have had people calling asking if plans for that day are cancelled...
Mind you not a flake as fallen yet,
and it has been my experience that the weather bluffs here, a lot...
I think it may be a bit premature to sting a rope up between the house and barn...

The nightly news is tracking the storm like we will be literally buried...
A man on the local news actually suggested tire chains!
Tire Chains??
We have NEVER even owned tire chains
My husband used to drive a mountain pass in Montana to work everyday... no chains.

If I live through this crisis of weather, you'll hear from me again..

Just call me "Amused in Tennessee"

Thanks for listening.

3 comments :

  1. I guess I better make a run to the grocery store tomorrow then! haha, since I will be hibernating in for a few days! Joy Joy have the pleasure of having road chemicals all over my vehicle again YUCK! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess snow is like rudeness up north...you just get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam... You better go soon, I hear they sometimes sell out.

    Anonymous... I assume when you speak of rudeness you are referring to "other" northerners...not me...right??? (I hope...) Yes, some parts of the Northeast are known for their rudeness, other areas are painfully proper, other areas make the south look rude...

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....