WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Hodgepodging Just For Fun...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I am joining up with Joyce's Hodgepodge today...


1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
I think I have "mad" or crazy moments more often then I care to admit but I don't think I have ever been truly "mad" lately... Unless you count in the morning before my coffee! 

2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going?  Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
No, I have not been... & No, I have no desire to go. I would like to visit New Orleans someday but not during Mardi Gras. 
Purple would be the winning color in my wardrobe but green would win out in my home! 
3. Are you old fashioned?
Sometimes I think I am and sometimes I think I am not... I love modern conveniences but have very old fashioned ideas about values and roles... Go figure! 

4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
Hahahahahaha.... Carefully plan... With LOTS of blood, sweat and tears! (If this is your first time reading my blog you should go back and read the last few posts! It's ALL about planning out current vacation!)

5.  March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
A tomato & basil marinara would be my all time favorite, but I love all kinds of sauces and topping... I get excited when I am at a restaurant and find a sauce on the menu I have never heard of before. (As long as it's not to hot spicy that is!) 

6.  What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
I am not a "crier"... Everyone cries from time to time but usually mine are hormonally driven... That being said, the first time I watched the movie Hachi I cried like crazy! 




7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
I have no desire and no idea, but if I did buy a team I would bring it to Maine... The population here might be low but the fans here are so loyal yet they always have to cheer on team from Massachusetts! 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
When I was at the Mary & Martha Leadership Conference they took "professional head shots" of us. I dreaded this since I have very bad complexion issues... It is really bad right now and I am seeing someone about it, but I didn't want that to be the "face" in the photos... I have tried many cosmetics over the years and either they looked super unnatural or they made the irritation worse, but I bravely decided to try once more. The girls and I headed to Ulta and there I was introduced to an amazing cosmetics line called "It Cosmetics" and as generic as it sounds, I feel like I got my face back... Here see for yourself:


Here I am tonight in an oh so flattering bathroom mirror "selfie" with none of the minor "retouching" I usually do to pictures. This is how most people usually see me since I had given up on make-up. (Don't ya just love the cupcake jammies?) 

Here is the "head shot" that I got from corporate today...
That is not retouching (as seriously, I would have had them soften those crows feet!) but the amazing make-up! 
This stuff is AMAZING and when I have "business" stuff I put it on and feel so much more confident! (Plus, since it's a "CC" cream it is actually helping my skin!) If you or someone you know has serious complexion issues please pass this on to them! 

Come back tomorrow for my vacation announcement that might just involve a giveaway! 


Thanks for listening,

7 comments :

  1. I never like having head shots done, maybe I'll have to check into that makeup.

    Never heard of that movie before, trying to decide if I'm up for a good cry or not. I tear up easily, so if someone says they cried while watching a movie I can guarantee I will cry as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're all that kind of old fashioned. Or at least ladies 'our age.' Ha.
    Hey, that makeup is great! It looks very natural!
    And yes, I do like the cupcake jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The makeup looks fabulous, very natural which is how I like makeup to look. I've never heard of that movie, so am going to have to hunt it down. If Hachis a dog, I'm sure there will be tears : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! As Joyce said, you look really natural, not "made up". I'm no good with makeup at all, but maybe I'll have to try again ;D

    Like you, I'm old fashioned in values, but LOVING the technology... it's what brought us together! And what makes my son hear. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Hachi, but if it's about a dog, I'll probably cry at that. When I watched 'You've Got Mail' (that old movie, now), I cried at the end when the dog, Barkley came up for a group hug.

    So fun to read your Hodgepodge post! Following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo. You look mah-velous! I plan vacations to death before hand then actually loosen up a "bit" once we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to #3! LOL

    Lovely pic! I had more acne in my 40's than I ever had in my teens. The only thing that helped me was a dermatologist giving me antibiotics.

    Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....